Pneumocystis carinii is an organism that can cause Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) in severely immunocompromised patients; 60-85% of all AIDS patients develop PCP. Early detection allows the introduction of appropriate treatment and may improve chances of patient survival. The Fungi Fluor® Pneumocystis kit offers a fast, fluorescent staining procedure for Pneumocystis carinii in bronchial specimens.
- Direct fluorescent stain for Pneumocystis carinii cyst
- Unique fluorescent morphology (”double parenthesis” structure) is easy to identify
- 3 minutes to stain and read
- 100 tests per kit
- Minimal prep and clean
- Better results than with methenamine silver staining
- Less costly and time-consuming than immunofluorescent assays
- Bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL)
- Bronchial brush or wash
- Touch prep of fresh tissue
- Paraffin section and frozen sections
Product is for research use only in Europe.