StainRITE® Wright Stain Phosphate Buffer yields exceptional staining results every time when used with the Wright Stain protocol.
The Wright Stain protocol requires a pH 6.8 buffer to produce good quality staining. Proper buffer selection is very important in achieving good quality staining. If a buffer is too acidic the stain will be too red and nuclei will be too light; if it is too basic the stain will be too blue and cytoplasmic detail will be indistinct.
- Erythrocytes - appear pink to orange
- All nuclei - appear purple-blue
- Lymphocyte cytoplasm -appear blue
- Eosinophil granules - appear red to orange red
- Basophil granules - appear dark reddish purple