Von Kossa Method for Calcium Kit demonstrates calcium phosphate and calcium carbonate salts.
Von Kossa Method for Calcium Kit can reveal calcium deposits seen in metabolic diseases, Paget’s disease, renal osteodystrophy, hyperparathyroidism, infarction (Gandy Gamna bodies), necrotic areas associated with TB, atheroma in blood vessels and Malakoplakia in the bladder (Michaelis-Gutman bodies). It is also used as a bone stain to indicate Osteomalacia.
Fixation: 10% NBF
Microtomy: Paraffin embedded tissue or frozen sections
Micrograph Caption: Calcified Necrotic kidney section, 4 microns, stained with Von Kossa Method for Calcium Stain Kit.Kit Components:
- 24633A: 3% Silver Nitrate (250ml)
- 24633B: 5% Sodium Thiosulfate (250ml)
- 24633C: Nuclear Fast Red (250ml)
- Mineralized bone, calcium deposits - black
- Osteoid, supporting tissue and structures - red