Linear homopolymer of N-vinyl acetamide (NVA) monomer.
Unlike many polyvinylpyrrolidones (PVPs), it offers greater viscosity stability at higher temperatures and in the presence of salts such as sodium chloride. Unlike sodium polyacrylates, Poly(N-vinyl acetamide) maintains stability as a function of pH over a wide range from about pH 2-14.
This product is available in convenient protective foil packages for laboratory scale and also in bulk quantities for larger projects. Call for custom quotations on large orders.
- Molecular Weight:
- 11 mPa at 0.2%
- Soluble In:
- moderately soluble in water, methanol, ethanol and blends of alcohols with water
- white to off-white powder
- Irritant, Hygroscopic
- Gloves & chemical goggles
- Store at room temperature
- HK4g - (hazard/handling/storage codes)