EM grade is recommended for histochemical or immunological techniques.
Polysciences was the first to develop a superior grade of glutaraldehyde suitable for immunochemical techniques. Each batch of vacuum distilled glutaraldehyde manufactured by Polysciences is analyzed to maintain consistent high quality and freedom from contaminants which destroy antigenicity.
Each ampoule is fitted with an ampoule cracker for added safety.
In an unbiased study comparing glutaraldehyde from six prominent suppliers the Polysciences’ product was the only one which showed practically no contamination by undesirable polymeric products. A recent independent quality control study concluded that no polymers and no impurities at 235nm were present in unopened, refrigerated ampoules, even after four years of storage1-3.
1. Gillett, R. & Gull, K. Glutaraldehyde - its purity and stability. Histochemie 30, 162–167 (1972). doi:10.1007/BF01444063
2. Mersey, B. & Mccully, M. E. Monitoring of the course of fixation of plant cells. Journal of Microscopy 114, 49–76 (1978). doi:10.1111/j.1365-2818.1978.tb00116.x
3. Weyda, F., Inst. of Entomology, Czechoslovakia, Private Communication (1986).
, Skin sensitizer
, Toxic (Ingestion)
- Glove, chemical goggles & fume hood
- Store at 4 degrees celsius