The buffer used in the Wright-Giemsa staining protocol needs to be pH 6.8 or results will be unsatisfactory. If the buffer is too acidic the stain will be too red and nuclei will be too light; if it is too basic the stain will be too blue and cytoplasmic detail will be indistinct.
Stain results with Wright-Giemsa stain:
- Red blood cells should appear tan-pink
- Leukocyte nuclei should appear reddish-purple
- Neutrophil granules should appear reddish to pink lilac
- Eosinophil granules should appear bright red to orange
- Basophil granules should appear dark reddish purple
For quantities of StainRITE® stains exceeding 200 liters, please call for a bulk quote!