Unique Formulation to Soften Keratin
Made for very hard complex keratinized hair, nail and skin samples common in Mohs Histology laboratories. Hair, nail and skin samples that have been processed tend to flex and turn becoming difficult to cut and hold on slides for staining.
Processing hardens these samples and presents the challenge of cutting complete sections or sections without a “Venetian Blind Effect”.
After processing and embedding, face specimen paraffin block and soak in solution for 5-10 minutes, then proceed with cutting ribbon.
- Easy to use – no mixing required
- Keratinized samples cut & stain with greater ease
- Prevents shredding and tearing of samples
- Alleviates samples from folding on slides
- Breaks down the fibrous structural protein of hair, nail, hoof, feathers and skin
- Useful in Mohs Laboratories, Veterinary Histology and Podiatry Nail Histology
Soft Nail is not a decalcification solution.
- Harmless-use normal precautions
- Gloves & chemical goggles
- Store at room temperature