Biological grade glutaraldehyde has been purified to minimize by-product formation and maximize shelf life. Suitable for most morphological studies.
For more demanding purity and longer stability use EM grade glutaraldehyde.
In an unbiased study comparing glutaraldehyde from six prominent suppliers the Polysciences’ product was the only one which showed practically no contamination by undesirable polymeric products. A recent independent quality control study concluded that no polymers and no impurities at 235nm were present in unopened, refrigerated ampoules, even after four years of storage1-2.
1. Gillett, R. & Gull, K. Glutaraldehyde - its purity and stability. Histochemie 30, 162–167 (1972). doi:10.1007/BF01444063
2. Mersey, B. & Mccully, M. E. Monitoring of the course of fixation of plant cells. Journal of Microscopy 114, 49–76 (1978). doi:10.1111/j.1365-2818.1978.tb00116.x
, Skin sensitizer
, Toxic (Ingestion)
- Glove, chemical goggles & fume hood
- Store at room temperature
- BOV6g - (hazard/handling/storage codes)