Purolite® S955, Mixed Acid Cation Resin is a specially developed chelating resin, which incorporates phosphonic, sulphonic and carboxylic functional groups on a mechanically and osmotically resistant matrix. These combined properties give it its high selectivity for iron. S-955 has been especially designed for the selective removal of ferric iron from acidic solutions, such as copper electrolyte or from nickel, cobalt and zinc processing solutions. S-955 has also been successfully used for the selective manganese removal from drinking water supplies. Its selectivity for uranium and other lanthanide elements should give good opportunities for its successful employment in other areas.
- Typical Chemical and Physical Characteristics
- Polymer Matrix Structure - Crosslinked Polymer
- Functional Groups - Diphosphonic, Sulphonic, Carboxylic acid
- Ionic Form - as shipped - H+ or Ca2+/Mg2+ *
- Total Capacity (H+ Form) - 5.3 eq/dry kg min
- Moisture Retention (H+ Form) - 54-60 %
- Particle Size Range (microns) - +850 <10%, -300 <2%
- Specific Gravity - 1.18-1.22
- Shipping Weight - 775-855 kg/m3 (48.5-53.5 lb/ft3)
- Iron Capacity - 5.0 mg/g"