The CellVue® Maroon cell linker Mini Kit uses proprietary membrane labeling technology to stably incorporate a fluorescent dye with long aliphatic tails (CellVue® Maroon) into lipid regions of the cell membrane (1). The pattern of staining is dependent upon the cell type being labeled and the membranes of the cells (2, 3). CellVue® Maroon, a far red fluorescent cell linker has been reported to be useful for in vitro cell tracking, in vitro cell proliferation monitoring (4), and cell tracking in isolated organ preparations applications (5). Label cell membranes with lipophilic dyes that emit in the long wavelength UV, the far red or the near infrared region of the spectrum.
- • Reduced autofluorescence background
- • Greater S/N
- • Greater ability to multiplex with visible probes due to minimal spectral overlap
- • Excellent for use in combination with other cell tracking probes such as CFSE or PKH26
- CellVue® Maroon dye stock (1 vial containing 0.1 ml, 1 X 10-3 M in ethanol)
- Diluent (1 vial containing 10 ml)
Dye fluorescence properties:
- Ex max =647nm and Em max =667nm.
- Provides stable labeling of the lipid regions of cell membranes.
CellVue® is a registered trademark of PTI Research, Inc. For patents see list.