PEI MAX 160000 is supplied as a hydrochloride salt for ease of handling and high water solubility. PEI MAX 160000 can be converted into the linear free amine (PEI) form by neutralization with base.
- 26338-45-4, 9002-98-6, 26913-06-4
- Molecular Weight:
- 160,000 (~87,000 free base)
- Soluble In:
- Cold and room temperature water
Insoluble in: Common organic solvents (ethanol, acetone, tetrahydrofuran)
- White to off-white solid
Thomas M, Lu JJ, Ge Q, Zhang C, Chen J, Klibanov AM. (2005). Full deacylation of polyethylenimine dramatically boosts its gene delivery efficiency and specificity to mouse lung. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 102(16):5679-84.
- Glove, chemical goggles & fume hood
- Store at room temperature